According to the rules (which are publised below) here are 11 random facts about me:
1. I'm afraid of the dark.
2. I've had the same best friend for 40 years.
3. If the temperature never dipped below 80 I'd love it.
4. I believe grandkids are God's reward for being a parent.
5. I saw Elvis Presley in person when he was filming Blue Hawaii.
6. I didn't go to the prom.
7. I'm a bookkeeper but I hate math.
8. I broke my first bone when I was 49 years old.
9. I've never bought a new car.
10. I use to be a lifeguard.
11. When someone tells me a secret it stays in the vault.
Below are my answers to the 11 questions Sherri asked:
- If you could have any celebrity chef cook you a meal, who would it be and what would they fix for you? Nigella Lawson. I love her Brittish accent and she makes everything sound so yummy. I've never had Yorkshire pudding so I'd ask her to include it on the menu.
- If you could have your choice, a free ride into outer space to stay at the first resort on the moon, or take a submarine ride down to the lowest trench in the ocean to view exotic aquatics, which would it be? Good question! The submarine ride for sure. I love the sea and I once lived on Guam which is next to the deepest ocean trench ever recorded.
- What’s your style: modern, traditional, or country? I like to mix and match so definitely a hodge-podge.
- What’s your favorite fiction genre? Historical novels but I'm especially fond of English novels.
- What’s your favorite non-fiction title? West With the Night by Beryl Markham. A wonderful book which I need to re-read.
- What’s your favorite shade of blue? Aqua Marine
- If you could have a backstage pass to any show, what would it be? The Rolling Stones!
- If you could drive any car what would it be? I don't care so long as it doesn't break down.
- If all cars, trains, planes, etc. suddenly stopped working due to say – a zombie apocalypse – what mode of transportation would you choose? Horseback
- Would you rather be a zombie or run from a zombie? I've got to think about that one!
- If you could be a superhero: Would you wear high heels while fighting the bad guys if you are a female? Would you wear spandex tights while fighting the bad guys if you are a male? Do you think superhero attire needs to be revised to fit the real world – realities? It’s just a thought… I know sexy superhero is a bad stereotype but I love high heels, I have a closet full of them.
1. The Liebster is given to bloggers by bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. Each blogger should post eleven facts about himself or herself.
3. Each blogger should answer the eleven questions that are asked by the person doing the nominating.
4. Choose eleven new bloggers to nominate for the Award and a link to them in the post.
5. Create eleven new questions for your nominees.
6. Go back to their pages and tell them they have been nominated.
7. No tag backs.
And the Awards go to (drum roll please) ....
Here are my 11 questions for the nominees:
1. Do you believe hunting should be allowed?
2. Other than being a writer, what would your dream job be?
3. Do you belive in ghosts?
4. If you could live to be 200 years old would you want to?
5. What book(s) are you reading right now?
6. Favorite color and why?
7. Do you belive animals have souls?
8. If you could come back as someone else who would it be?
9. Do you know anyone who does not have a cell phone?
10. At what age did you stop believing in Santa Clause?
11. Would fear of sharks keep you from swimming in the ocean?