A to Z 2014

A to Z 2014
A to Z 2014

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

D-Day

Now that A to Z is over I needed a new challenge so in a stroke of genius I decided what a perfect time to start a new diet.  For me, dieting and going to the dentist have a lot in common.  They both start with the letter "D" and they are both at the top of my Procrastination List.

Being a modern, computer savy woman, I googled on-line diet plans and hit the mother load.  36,100,000 results!  Talk about over-kill.  Because I'm a huge AI (American Idol) fan I chose to go with Weight-Watchers.  If you are asking what one has to do with the other,  Jennifer Hudson, past AI winner is the current spokesperson for Weight Watchers.   I'm sure you've all heard her singing on their commerical, "It's a new way, It's a new day, and I'm feeling good!"

So yesterday I get all signed up and I'm truly inspired, I can do this!  On my way home I stop at the market to pick up a few diet friendly items.  Two hours later, I walk out $200 poorer and with a huge headache from reading all those nutritional labels.  By now I'm so hungry that when I get home I open a can of tuna and eat it right out of the can (only 6 points!)

It's Day 2 and my hunger button seems to be stuck in the on position.  All I can think about is food.  What can I eat, when can I eat it, how much of it can I eat?   I've read before that the mind wants what it can't have so maybe I'll try a little reverse psychology.  "Oh, don't eat broccoli it's really bad for you and loaded with calories."  Nope, that didn't work.

   

2 comments:

  1. I once went into a bookstore and bought 5 books on losing weight. One said I can't have carbs. One said I can't have sugar. One said I can't have meat. Once said I can have only meat. I forgot about the fifth, but I remember if I took the advice of all combined, I'd never be about to eat anything again. :-) All the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's so confusing! Thanks for the good wishes and hopefully in a couple of months I can blog to everyone about my success:)

    ReplyDelete